To Breathe, or Not To Breathe: Pranayama 1 & Meditation Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
"We are all looking for success in our lives. For that, we need a very healthy body with a lot of vitality and a calm mind. And where else can we get that if not in Hatha Yoga practice." --Sri Swami Satchidananda
This event is for anyone interested in learning the basics of breathing techniques and their direct effect on the body and the mind. From beginners wanting to learn the very basics of breathing, through the advanced practitioner looking to review the basics in order to improve on their more developed techniques. We will begin by exploring three basic breathing techniques:
1. Dirgha Swasam (Deep Breathing)
2. Kapālabhāti (Skull Shining Breath)
3. Nādi Suddhi (Nerve Cleansing Breath)
Props: As needed
1. Warm-Up: The first part of the session will include a short warm-up for the body in standing and sitting positions. Please avail yourself of any props you feel you may need, such as a yoga mat, belts, blanket, and blocks.
2. Sitting: We recommend either a comfortable cushion or blocks for sitting on the floor. Alternatively, you can sit in a chair.
Additional Requirements & Prerequisites:
- Wear comfortable, loose, and flexible clothing.
- Non-smokers only - There will be a future dedicated workshop for smokers & lung issues
- Some yoga experience is helpful, but not required
- Any phone or computer (to access lessons)
- Positivity and support for yourself and for you fellow workshop participants
Get ready for a great practice! This workshop will help clear up any misconceptions about breathing and meditation. The techniques covered in this session are very easy to learn and apply. You have nothing to lose but an overactive monkey mind!
Please RSVP as soon as you can. To reserve your seat for this event please click on 'Tickets' in the top menu.
See you in class!
- To Breathe, or Not To Breathe$35+$0.88 Service fee$35+$0.88 Service fee0$0